Saturday, January 17, 2015

'72 Skyline motor

Just back from a week hopscotching across the country. Five nights, 2 different hotels, 5 flight segments, 5196 air miles and a brutal sinus cold that is now moving to my chest. At this rate I'll easily make Elite again this year, assuming I don't get pneumonia first.

So anyway to relax I assembled the motor on the '72.


I got carried away using plug wire from Detail Master; my only comment would be that the instructions tell you to use a #80 drill but what you need is the #78 which is the required 0.016". (The #80 is 0.0135"). This is a good thing because I broke my #80 bit off in the head. Finally I have a stock of #78 bits since it is the same as 0.40 mm (to within 0.0025", anyway), which is much in demand on the 908.
 

All looking good, time for some decongestant and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment