Saturday, January 10, 2015

Speed build (well, maybe not so speedy any more)

Giving up on the long red decals along the side of the Mugen Civic, I taped it up and sprayed a coat of red instead. After tidying up the paint, I sprayed the car with clear to provide a good base for the remaining decals, which I also sprayed with a coat of clear. Then I let it all sit for a week while the career, once again, interfered with the hobby.

During the week I managed to pick up some proper Micro Scale setting fluid, so I spent a couple of hours on the weekend putting on most of the decals. It's beginning to look OK, with the exception of a couple that turned out crooked. Last step before I go on a week-long business trip will be another coat of clear, which will set for a week before final assembly.


Moral of the story: Yes, you can assemble a simple build in a weekend, but if you rush it, it will look like crap and/or fail, and in any case the time to allow stuff to dry means you'll likely miss your deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment