Friday, November 10, 2017

Matra MS 640: Paint take 2

OK so I am starting this over, just as I had to start over with the Jaguar D-Type (click here). There is a pattern here ... I need to be more careful and patient, and I also need to be more careful around cleanup of the resin bodies.


So further cleaning up of the resin (maybe I wasn't aggressive enough the first time), followed by multiple coats of automotive primer-sealer to close up the porous resin body, followed by a couple of coats of light grey Tamiya primer, followed by 5 or 6 very light coats of Tamiya TS 26 white sprayed about 20 minutes apart, seems to have done the trick. (Only the fins will be white; the rest of it will be French blue). Now to let it harden before taping it up for the blue. 

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment